Once you have been allocated a place on the course by Ghislaine and have arranged accommodation you can arrange travel.
We can arrange transfers for you from either Pisa airport or Poggibonsi train station in a shared taxi at cost price.
- If you need a transfer from Pisa the total cost is around €165 in cash to the taxi driver of an 8 seater minibus taxi. So the more sharing the better (up to 8 passengers). Please aim to arrive in Pisa ideally by 4pm to share a transfer. The trip to Casole takes about 1.5 hrs. Registration and supper are from 7.30pm at the Art Centre.
- Transfers from Poggibonsi train station will be arranged for about 16.30. Meet the driver in front of the station. A shared minibus taxi to Casole is about €60 and can be shared between up to 8 passengers. If travelling from Pisa by train you need to change at Pisa Centrale and Empoli - See train information at www.trenitalia.com
Train from Pisa to Poggibonsi, example journey (times may vary - ticket about €11):
Train from Firenze S.M.N to Poggibonsi, example journey (times may vary - ticket about €8)
- For return travel aim to book a flight departing not earlier than 12.30 on the departure day to ensure we have time to get you to Pisa.
- by car to Casole d'Elsa. There are two entrances to the Centre. One is on Via Roma, 10 and the other is by the very narrow Via San Michele. The art centre entrace is number 16 in the the Piazzetta on via San Michele. Parking: Note cars must not be parked in the Piazzetta - unloading only. There is plenty of parking on Via Roma or in the car park at the bottom of Via Roma - see photo below:
- SAT NAV: Using the Centro Postcode is not recommended as it will take you the the Centre of the village in front of the church - not an ideal place to unload your cases. Better to set it for "Via Roma 10, Casole" - you will see Nigel's sculptures on your left as you drive up - keep going until you get to the hair pin bend by the Torre Hotel and take the first narrow left turning leading to the Piazzetta where it is convenient to unload before moving the car to the car park or if there is a space, onto Via Roma again. (This will involve a circuit of the village as it has a one way system).