After the great success of the 2012 and 2013 and 2014 Courses Andrea, Paul and Jenni will be returning in 2015! See testimonials from 2014
This workshop will allow both passionate beginners and inspired artists to discover possibilities and explore a variety of methods to respond to and interpret the surrounding landscape of Tuscany. Learn how to expand upon themes in your work through traditional and alternative drawing and painting techniques. In this workshop, we will use a medley of mixed media techniques with new processes to create a diverse yet cohesive body of work. Working both from observation and on-site sketches we will use materials such as ink, pastel, water-based paints and collage methods. We will focus on formal issues of drawing and composition, design, formatting, and more intuitive approaches to art making. Students can discover a more personal voice by interpreting the classically seductive landscape of Casole d’Elsa and it’s environs.
Enjoy spirited Yoga and self-exploration in an atmosphere of supportive connection, with group size small enough to allow individual attention. With a combined 35+ years of teaching, Jenni & Paul offer you joyful and heartfelt yoga inspired by Anusara, Iyengar, Restorative, Zen Buddhism, and their own playfully serious self-discovery and meditative journey. Morning class will be a dynamic blend of wake up poses, afternoon meditation and restorative as schedule allows.
This course will be held at the Verrocchio Arts Centre in Tuscany. Casole d'Elsa is a charming medieval hilltop town situated in the wonderful countryside around Siena. It is situated 44 miles from Florence and 22 miles from the town of Siena. Verrocchio Art Centre has been offering one and two week classes for 25 years. The “Centro” is owned and run by the British sculptor, Nigel Konstam, and offers specialty workshops, art studios and accommodations and meals for up to 15 students.
The centre also houses painting and sculpture studios, an art library, a slide lecture room, and a plunge pool.
Course fee: Before May 1st $895, thereafter $995
Materials Fee: $40
ANDREA BORSUK, ART INSTRUCTOR:
Andrea Borsuk is a painter whose work explores archetypes of beauty and femininity. She is an Art Instructor at Cabrillo College in Aptos, CA and teaches workshops at the Oregon College of Art and Craft, in Portland. She is the 2010/2011 recipient of the Rydell Visual Arts Fellowship. Her work is shown throughout the United States and is in numerous private collections. Andrea’s workshops are known for the playful and comfortable atmosphere that she sets and her encouragement of experimentation, personal expression and creativity among her students. She holds an MFA from Columbia University and a BA from UC Santa Cruz. She lives and works in Santa Cruz, CA. Visit her at: andreaborsuk.com
- Arrive 17.30 6th June
- 6 days art instruction with Andrea Borsuk
- 6 days yoga instruction with Paul Gould and Jenni Fox
- On site landscape painting
- Group and Individual Critique
- Art Studio Access equipped with drawing boards, easels, art supplies (with materials fee)
- Breakfast each morning, evening meal on all but one evening when the group eats out in a restaurant of your choice in the village.
- Day Trips to neighboring Siena and San Gimignano (optional) on 10th June or free day to relax/paint at the centre
- Departure about 9.30am 14nd June
Pay deposit for Accommodation with Paypal
Tuition Fee: 895 US$ or 995 US$ after 1 May
Tuition Fee (payable to Andrea) Includes:
- Art tuition on 6 days both individual tuition and group demonstations and evening slide shows
- Yoga tuition twice daily on 6 days
Materials Fee: $40
- Centre Fee with evening meals: £344
- Centre Fee without evening meals: £197
- Breakfasts each morning if wished: £32
- Meal on 13th if staying 9 days: £21
Accommodation price (Payable to Verrocchio Art Centre) includes:
- 8 Nights accommodation
- Breakfast each morning
- Evening meal on 8 Nights (one evening the group is free to go to a restaurant of their choice)
- Use of all the facilities on site - studios, library, plunge pool etc
SEE ROOMS - please note some changes may take place over the off season while we add en suites to rooms 1C, 2C and create a new room 6C - subject to planning permission.
Not Included in the price:
- Transfers from the airport to the Centre. Please contact Andrea for advice. To give you an idea of cost, last year a shared minibus from Pisa airport cost about €35 per person. Poggibonsi is the closest train station and transport from there would be less.
- Lunches - plenty of choice available in the village for all budgets
- Evening meal on one evening when you are free to dine out at a restaurant of your choice. If you prefer, you can prepare you own meal in one of the guest kitchens.
- Transport for optional trips
- First reserve a place on the course with Andrea Borsuk A $250 deposit holds your space, refundable less a $100 cancellation fee until 70 days before departure when balance is due. (No refunds thereafter). Please send your deposit made out to:
Andrea Borsuk 230 Sheldon Ave,
CA 95060 831-458-3275
- Arrange flights to Tuscany with airline of your choice once accommodation is confirmed. Ensure arrival is before 17.30 on arrival day and after 1pm on departure day.
- Balances for tuition and accommodation are payable 8 weeks prior to the start of the course.
JENNI FOX AND PAUL GOULD, YOGA INSTRUCTORS
This Retreat is limited to the first 15 who sign up, so reserve your space early!
Bonus early price for a full 6 days of classes: Before May 1, $795 (thereafter, $895)
-Cooking and Italian classes (supplemental charges)
Comments from this and past retreats:
Thank you to our fearless and energetic teachers Andrea, Jenni and Paul, for putting together such a rich, varied and pleasurable program for us. I truly feel from our time in Casole d’ Elsa that the Tuscany spirit has entered my body and being. Ciao!
Nancy G-T, Santa Cruz, CA
I love taking Andrea's classes. Last time I took a course she created such a stimulating atmosphere that I forgot to eat lunch all week because I became so engrossed in my work! It was really exciting. I first met Andrea at the home where my elderly mother stayed. She and her two teenage daughters (who are lovely by the way) volunteer there every Sunday to do art classes. She is a really kind person and a wonderful teacher for any age student. Her mixed media classes are amazing.
Maggie K, Santa Cruz, CA
I have studied painting with Andrea Borsuk for three years. I consider her a marvelous teacher. She clearly defines her expectations and is obviously well prepared. Andrea pulled from me work I did not know I was capable of painting. I think she is inspirational and gifted; I love her work, but aside from all that, she's as funny as a tree full of galahs and her classes are very popular.
Corrine T., 2011, Aptos CA
Andrea is a fabulous instructor. She is so full of life and her enthusiasm is infectious! She is passionate about her subject and imparts a wealth of information about artists, styles, etc to her students. I would absolutely recommend Andrea to others. She stretches, encourages, inspires and truly loves her students.
Lise C, Watsonville, CA
Taking Andrea's classes has a been fun and packed with personal growth for me. I think she makes it possible because she allows for a relaxed, non-judgmental environment I am always pleased with the direction I ask for when I get stuck in a piece. She seems to know exactly what I need and when I need it. I would encourage all artists to take her classes and rediscover what fun art can be.
Hi Jenni and Paul, I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for such a wonderful experience during my week with you. Your knowledge, patience and attitude make everyone that meets you a fan of "Yoga". Sincerely, Alicia, Santa Fe
Thank you Paul and Jenni for adding such beauty and richness to my life and for giving me the gift of yoga in a magical setting. I hope to hold the peace in my heart for a long time.
Love, Laurie, Stockbridge, MA
Paul and Jenni, Thank you both so much for putting on such an amazing week. It was just what I needed, some relaxation, some amazing yoga and instruction. What an amazing group of people. I can't wait to come back next year! Thank you for all the guidance and good spirits!
Lindsey, SF, CA
Dear Jenni and Paul, I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of the many aspects of yoga and total wellness you both worked so hard to include in your classes. As a former teacher of special education, I know how difficult it is to meet the needs of such a variety of abilities, and I want you to know that I noticed every modification and accommodation that you provided for the group. I hope that I am able to return next year.
Cheers, Marian, Ontario, Canada